Thursday, March 1, 2012

Liberty vs Tracy track on February 23, 2012 at Liberty.  This was the first meet of the 2012 season with lots of participants from both schools.  The weather, temperature wise was good, but wow, the wind was really blowing hard.  I'm sure this made it tough for all of the athletes but, as they say, the show must go on.

I was asked to shoot video for the 800 meter race, which I did, and posted it on our site.  This was my first attempt at shooting HD with my Canon 5d2 so it was a bit of a learning experience.  I used my monopod to hold the camera steady, but found that as I tracked the runners from a vantage point where I could see the entire track, it would jump and jerk more that I expected.  I will have a proper video head mounted to my stationary tripod during the next meet.  You can see the video and a few other photo's of the track meet by clicking this link http://www.motionphotographyonline.com/Sports/Track/21665220_Ftq4HQ#!i=1728264066&k=VThFf6Z

No comments:

Post a Comment